So one day I’m making chicken salad sandwiches and I asked my husband if he liked chicken salad sandwiches and he said “yeah, there all right.” This saying to me means “There fine but I would prefer…” so I asked him if he would like me to make him a Buffalo chicken sandwich and he said yes.
The first version I made was from canned chicken, put into a tortilla shells and fried on each side for about 2 minutes until golden brown and it was delicious. This new version is like a sloppy joe, and chicken buffalo dip had a baby to create a mouth watering Buffalo Chicken sandwich. It’s great for families and only costed me about 10 dollars for all the supplies.This time I cooked the chicken instead of using a can and I added other items to add flavor. So without further a due lets get to the recipe. Note you can substitute for most everything on this dish and you can substitute rice instead of bread…let me know how that tastes if you do.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time 30-35 min
Total time: about 40-45 min
- 1 Tbsps. olive oil or oil of choice
- 1 Medium onion
- 2-4 Garlic
- 4 ounces Cream cheese
- 5-8 Mozzarella balls
- 1/2 Cups milk or unsweetened substitute
- 1/4 Reds Hot sauce (or more)
- 1 1/2 Cholula Hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- A dash of Worcester sauce
- Salt to taste
- 4 Chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
Garnish with any of these:
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. While oven is warming, heat skillet over medium heat and put olive oil in pan
- Chop up Onions, garlic and scallions
- Once olive oil is hot, add the onion and garlic
- Once soft, add to a bowl. Cut cream cheese in small Squares and add all the items for the sauce to the bowl with onions. Set aside for later. My cubs are a tad big but they worked well.
- Cut chicken in half lengthwise like I did here
- Season with salt and place in glass baking pan
- Add the sauce to the baking pan and make sure cream cheese and cheese is evenly spaced throughout and on chicken
- Sprinkle 1/2 a cup of mozzarella shredded cheese across top
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered make sure it’s cooked
- Take out and shred the chicken with fork
- Spread the rest of the shredded cheese on top of the chicken and put back in oven for 5 minutes, uncovered, or until cheese has melted. Also add buns in the oven to toast.
- Stir well, add to buns and garnish with onion scallions or garnish of choice
Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe by giving it a thumbs up. Comment if you want to see how to make lemon crumble cake or mint chocolate chip ice cream. Thanks!