I’m just an average Jane.
There I said it!!
I’ve tried my hardest to get my name out there, have conversations, be intentional with those around me yet it always comes down to me being average. Sometimes I feel people don’t want to hang out because I’m average. Some may think I’m popular but I’m far from it. I’ve tried to be more than who I am and strive for things that would benefit my family but it just comes back to average. My blog is average, I live an average lifestyle, and my posts/blog…well, they aren’t even at average. Don’t get me wrong I don’t hate my life or the people in it…I just feel plain.
The only people who are not average in my life is God and my family. Do you know how many times people have come up to me and told me how great my husband is?? Trust me, I know he is amazing;I live with him after all. I try not to take him for granted nor waste the time with my kids because you are only this age once in your life. Better make it count. And that’s what I thought I was doing. I wanted to be more, make more and do more so my family would reap the rewards but instead I feel burnt out, sad and wondering what In the world am I doing!? Anyone have thoughts on this post so far?
Be the best
Keep writing, keep blogging, eventually someone will see you is what they say but is it right? Don’t get me wrong AT ALL. I value the people who interact with me here and I am SO thankful for the people who like my posts. But what I’m talking about is life. I wonder what makes me special, unique, a identity other than mom and wife. I guess I should have found that out when I was young and single but I didn’t so I’m trying to catch up. It’s taken me years to find my identity and in some areas I’m still figuring that out. My concern right now is that I’m going to get to 40 still wondering what in Gods world am I supposed to doing and what makes me special.
Maybe I am special and I just need to start believing it. But it’s hard to feel special when all you do is wash dishes, clean, wipe butts, and clean, sleep,clean and cook. Why wasn’t I told from a young age that being a mom was an amazing journey? Instead I was told to wait, get a job, and work. That a family can wait. The emphasis was on who I should be instead of what I wanted. The emphasis that I should strive towards fame and perfection or not try at all. But people don’t tell you that being mediocre is something special. They don’t tell you there is a million people out there who feel and are in the same boat. They don’t give people in the mediocre mundane life a chance. If they did I bet you they would find some amazing people. Moms, dads, kids, and even animals.
Maybe I am alone in this feeling. Maybe my perspective needs to change. Maybe it’s okay being the plan Jane….
Posts to check out:
- Pain In The PurposeI love the story of Moses. If you don’t know who Moses is he was an Israelite, who was found in the river by pharaohs daughter, grew up as a […]
- For Fame Or FriendIt’s occurred to me as I am writing, I am becoming frustrated. Although I do not expect people to read my posts I’m wondering what I need to change in […]
- Can’t Win A Race Without Your….I’m at the stand at the lemonade stand ready to go. I went through my check list one more time just to make sure: Endurance ✔️ Training ✔️ Positivity ✔️ […]
- Completely exhaustedOkay where are my tired people at!? Can I get a like for every tired person here?? I wish I was tired like how I was “tired” in high school. […]
- I QuitHello to all and thank you for coming to today’s blog post. If you are new here I hope you subscribe and check out some of my other inspiring posts. […]