Though He was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.Philippians 2:6
As I was reading my devotional for the day God brought me to Philippians 2. There is a lot of verses that struck home with me but I want to talk just a tad on this bible verse. It amazes me how deep Jesus humbleness goes. Even in his human form he does not cling to his power and might. Instead he humbled himself in obedience to God.
As I look at Christians today it’s apparent that they do not understand the Bible. Many Christians, in my opinion, feel the need to correct and judge other people. They do not take the place of humbleness but a place of highness. If you are a Christian just because you know the lord and read the Bible, it does not give you the power and authority over someone else. It does not make you better than another. When we start thinking and doing this we start acting like God and trying to be God. This is not the position that God wants us to take.
Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born a human being.Philippians 2:7
Jesus though does not place people on the judgement throne and use his divine power to get people to do as he pleases. He humbled himself to show us how to act in life. He was a king, a God and could have sat there berating people for sinning but he never did. He acknowledged the place they were at and even healed them. He didn’t feel the need to fight every battle nor tell a person who was living in sin they were wrong. He was humble and he had no sin. We on the other hand have sin and have no rights to judge others. Yet we do it. It’s not our place because we all lie, cheat, hurt others…we all sin and come short of the glory of God.
This is why we should not complain, or argue in our conversations. This is why we should place humbleness and speaking out of love a priority in our daily conversations. We can talk about what we believe without being rude and we can talk to others with respect. And just to clarify no one deserves respect but it’s something we should do as humble decent human beings. Jesus did not deserve the cross but he did it. He loves us so much and paid the price for us. Thank you Jesus for taking my place and teaching me to be humble everyday.
When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on the cross.Philippians 2:8
- What does this verse mean to you?
- How do you view Jesus in this verse?
Follow me on social media:
Posts to check out:
- The Bull & The Wrangler🌿 CASTING FEAR TO THE CURB *Check out my Instagram post by clicking here! It was a beautiful day and I had sent the boys to go play outside. However, […]
- Happy Thanksgiving 2020Is everyone ready to give thanks?? What does your table look like? Is it full of the 10…or don’t lie more friends? What are you thankful for? We already made […]
- Decorating AFTER ThanksgivingThis year everyone seems to have put up their Christmas decor early…however not in this household. I don’t think it’s a bad thing to want to decorate for Christmas early […]
- Mourning The Woman I Once WasHave you ever thought about baby blues and what it really meant? We talk about pregnancy trimesters, and the birth story quite a bit but after baby is out and […]
- A Little About MeHello, I thought I’d write a little post on who I am and what in the world am I doing here. Firstly, if you are new here it’s not a […]