Hello, I thought I’d write a little post on who I am and what in the world am I doing here. Firstly, if you are new here it’s not a coincidence. God brings people together to better ourselves, explore and to connect with others.
My name is Bethany and I am a wife to a wonderful ginger man, a mom of two wonderful boys, and someone who loves Jesus, thrift shopping, anything natural or reusable..oh, and I hate pumpkin spice and coffee…. I’m not your average American mama. I currently went through a weight loss and mindset transformation but that not just what I wrote about. I write about my lifestyle, faith and emotions of a stay at home wife and mom. Why do I write about this? Because as a culture I feel we down play the emotions and feelings of a stay at home mom and wife. It’s hard. I have personally struggled with the transition from being a single woman to a married woman to being a mom, wife and normal human woman.
I struggle with comparison, complaining, loneliness, and the real raw amazing emotions of a mom and wife might feel in their life. There is a lot of mundane, cleaning, and feelings that go into raising human beings. I didn’t realize the need for this type of writing in today’s culture until so many other moms reached out saying I have felt this way but no one talks about this stuff so I felt alone. I’m here to say I get it! However, I’m just going to lay this on the table, I’m not perfect nor do I wish to be and I love writing about these topics. So if you need a boost in faith, or emotional validation or talk about the miracles in the mundane, faith in our finances, then you are in the right spot….also did I mention I write kids books? My very first kids book is being illustrated right now. So exciting!! So what are you waiting for? Come and join the fun!!
Please subscribe by email, through WordPress and don’t forget to subscribe to my social media because you are valued there too! Xoxo 💋
- Romans 6:23
- The Blade In My SideThe last 2 years have been a roller coaster but have been necessary for healing to take place. In my last blog post “Keep It Shut” I mentioned briefly on not using my past as a crutch. I realized recently I could not fully heal my wounds and move forward if I was always using […]
- Keep It ShutLast night I had a dream about my past friends that are no longer apart of my life. In the dream I went to each friend and saw them for who they are now. I apologized to some for my behavior and steered clear of those I resented. I saw there empty faces and there […]
- Tending What You HaveImagine you planted a seed in the middle of a farmers field. To and from where that seed was planted it was a 10 minute walk each way. You start out with determination and hope to see it blossom but after a week of going out, and carrying the bucket of water that for that […]
- Sweet Boy Turned 3Three years ago. It’s hard to believe that three years ago I had my first born son. He is a joy, sweet and most of all a precious gift. He was my breakthrough baby where I spent night after night in pain due to HG in pregnancy. But God knew he was special and he […]
- Called To The Place Of NothingGrowing up in Ithaca NY I always had a lot to do. From the beautiful landscapes to festivals to the town life and historic towns…I always had something to do. My life was filled with beautiful things but I always felt empty. I walked around as a empty shell wishing for more and longing for […]
- Below 50Hello y’all, Today we are talking about this Texas power outage. Recently, we have been personally dealing with the Texas power outage. Our power went out at 4am Monday morning and still has not been turned on. We have been very thankful for our neighbors as they all teamed together to make sure everyone was […]
- CelebratingHello y’all, So today I want to take a moment and celebrate my husband! He has worked really hard and He just passed his realtor test this last month. We are SO very excited to help people find their homes, help others in The community and just overall super excited to create a web page […]
- Dear Thoughts..So, I’ve been thinking…a dangers pastime..I know. But it’s occurred to me that I’m very content with the people God has placed in my life as friends, family, blogger friends, social media and life. Let’s just say I’m happy with the true small following than the huge following..in saying this I still love interacting with […]
- Making Dandelion Jelly Pt 2Oh. My. Goodness… This dandelion jelly is absolutely positively DELICIOUS! It taste like sweet honey with a slight floral flavor. At first I was like nope this smells like grass and that weird dandelion smell that it can have when holding their stems to long…but I’m glad I went through with it and plucking the […]