So recently I wrote a post on how I’m taking it easy in December to rest, regain focus, and get grounded in God again..which that is a constant. As I’m resting I’m feeling the fog lifting from my very worn out head and I’m starting to see things clearer than before. Who would have thought..rest resolves the mess. Not only that my heart and happiness has grown. I’m no longer worried about being on social media and I’m posting for fun. Don’t get me wrong I swing back and forth sometimes multiple times a day but I’m thinking so much clearer. I also am placing my heart on the right places and I discovered that those places are with my family, God, and my intentional rest time. Plus my 2nd born just recently turned 11months so I’m processing that too. But I’m teaching myself that it’s OKAY to rest, read, step away and to not always focus on the mess of the house. My illustrator even gave some great advice “ sit down and drink the tea when you can. You will always be chasing after the chores and more.” Ehem I also paraphrased that cause I can’t remember if that was the exact words. I also found out from another acquaintance who hears very well from the Lord that God is a God of rest. He rested on the 7th day, not because he was tired, but because that is apart of his nature and character. He is a God of rest. Therefore, we should abide with him in rest and know that He is still working while we are resting. I’m realizing a lot in just the short week of stepping back. Yes, I still want to do certain things but I’m realizing those things can wait and I don’t have to panic when things don’t happen right now. I am excited to see how this restful month for me will turn out. So far I feel more happy and joyful. What do you do for rest?
You may also like:
- Trying To Be ModestSo I really want to show y’all the hard work; however, I’m struggling with finding how to be modest while doing so and show y’all […]
- Red Rock WorshipI normally don’t post on Saturdays but I absolutely love this song and HAD to share it with you. I absolutely love Red Rock Worship […]
- Mercy & HumblenessThis week has been an interesting week to say the least…and I am super excited that 500+ of you wonderful people are here!! And I […]
- One Step Before The RevealThis is the month that I will be revealing my weight loss results. But before I do I want to do some recap and let […]
- Sweet OliverOh my goodness… I can not believe it’s been a year. I have so much to show and so much to say about this year. […]