So recently I wrote a post on how I’m taking it easy in December to rest, regain focus, and get grounded in God again..which that is a constant. As I’m resting I’m feeling the fog lifting from my very worn out head and I’m starting to see things clearer than before. Who would have thought..rest resolves the mess. Not only that my heart and happiness has grown. I’m no longer worried about being on social media and I’m posting for fun. Don’t get me wrong I swing back and forth sometimes multiple times a day but I’m thinking so much clearer. I also am placing my heart on the right places and I discovered that those places are with my family, God, and my intentional rest time. Plus my 2nd born just recently turned 11months so I’m processing that too. But I’m teaching myself that it’s OKAY to rest, read, step away and to not always focus on the mess of the house. My illustrator even gave some great advice “ sit down and drink the tea when you can. You will always be chasing after the chores and more.” Ehem I also paraphrased that cause I can’t remember if that was the exact words. I also found out from another acquaintance who hears very well from the Lord that God is a God of rest. He rested on the 7th day, not because he was tired, but because that is apart of his nature and character. He is a God of rest. Therefore, we should abide with him in rest and know that He is still working while we are resting. I’m realizing a lot in just the short week of stepping back. Yes, I still want to do certain things but I’m realizing those things can wait and I don’t have to panic when things don’t happen right now. I am excited to see how this restful month for me will turn out. So far I feel more happy and joyful. What do you do for rest?
You may also like:
- The Battle To RESTThe question that keeps stirring my mind is “What does it mean to TRULY rest and how.” You would think it would be easy to […]
- Appreciation PostY’all I don’t normally do this but I felt I needed to say thank you. I’m thankful that you are walking, growing, and joining me […]
- I’m One Sleepy MamaOkay so I’m tired all the time. I wake up and I’m…you guessed it…exhausted. It’s getting frustrating because my mind is not tired. When I […]
- You Got To Drive The DriveDrive the drive. Do the hard work. Take the time Watch your dreams take fly As y’all may know I am dealing with some health […]
- Bittersweet BlessingsHello y’all, In my last post I mentioned that I was dealing with some health issues and I want to come here to say that […]